Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Update

When Jared and I got back from our trip last Wednesday I found out that my Uncle Kelly, my mom's brother, had been hit by a car the evening before and was in a coma with many severe injuries. On Saturday they removed the life support and he passed away, the funeral was yesterday. My heart breaks for his family but I am grateful to know that we will be with him again.

On a side note - he was hit while getting into his car parked off of the road by someone who was texting on their phone, not paying attention, and swerved into him by accident. I know there are so many people, especially teenagers, who text and drive all the time. Please, please, please wait until you are parked or out of the car to text, even just a quick one - it is so needless and so dangerous.

4 comments:

Molly said...

im so sorry about your uncle, tyan. i hope your family can find some peace and comfort right now. lotsa hugs.

Charlene said...

I am so sorry. I wish I could give you a hug.

Ryan and Rikke said...

I am so sorry for your loss! Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Lindsey said...

I'm so sorry Tyan, your strength is inspiring. I lost an aunt in a pedestrian accident in 2002 and what not nearly as faithful.
In Utah, texting while driving is a Class C misdemeanor.

Related Posts with Thumbnails