Monday, May 18, 2009

Behold ...

... the power of White Flower Oil. I don't know where my mom gets this stuff but it is seriously a miracle worker (or cruel torture device if you get it in your eyes).

Photobucket


Another fun pregnancy discovery was learning the only pain reliever you can take is Tylenol - Tylenol is for babies!!! I come from a long line of Excedrin dependent ancestors and Tylenol just doesn't do it for me. Then I remembered the small, mysterious viles of clear oil covered in chinese writings that are strategically placed around my parent's house - eureka!

Whenever we had a bad headache or sinus infection it always helped. You just dab a little on your temples, behind your ears, and under you nose and it starts helping right away. If you're hardcore you can boil a pot of water, put a few drops of white flower oil in it, and hang your head over the steam with a towel over it. That always does the trick. (be sure your eyes are closed or torture will ensue).

Before all of that you have to find where to buy the stuff, I have no idea where to buy it. Maybe my mom has access to the secret underground chinese herb market that thrives in Tyler. This could be. But if anyone wants to give it a shot I found it on Amazon - just click here.

And be sure to wash your hands after you use it or you could accidentally get it in your eyes. And die.

4 comments:

Em said...

hmmm...that's very interesting. Never heard of that stuff. Good to know though!

It's so fun to have you in RS now!

Becky said...

do we have the same mother? Mine has all of these crazy concoctions too. Where are the SW shots??

Tyan said...

Becky, I think we may have been seperated at birth actually. And the SW shots are coming, I am like 5 sessions behind in proofing.... story of my life.

Anonymous said...

You are right Tyan, I do get it underground! haha! I first heard about it from a friend of mine that was from Hong Kong. We were in Dallas for the weekend, and I got a splitting headache. Nothing would touch it, (Not even Excedrin) She took me into an Oriental market and gave me two options, Tiger Balm or White Flower Oil. I chose the milder one. Tiger Balm will take your skin off. My headache was gone in 10 minutes. You can put it at the base of your neck too for tension headaches, just FYI. I have the info if anyone is interested. P.S. I am NOT an Excedrin addict!

Related Posts with Thumbnails