Friday, June 15, 2007

recipe of the week - the best guacamole ever

Even though one of Bear Gryll's three favorite foods is the avocado I was not having it - until just recently when my younger sister, Kellye, whipped up this amazingly fresh guac in under 10 minutes. I must say I am truly converted. It's super easy (for the culinary impaired like myself) and makes enough for a crowd. Thanks Kel, for opening a whole new world for me and my new found love of the avocado. Enjoy!

Kellye’s Famous Guacamole

INGREDIENTS:
4 large avocados
8 dashes hot pepper sauce (or jalapeƱo juice)
1/2 cup small diced red onion
1 large garlic clove - minced
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1 medium tomato - seeded then diced, don’t forget
the seeded part.
2 tbsp Lemon juice (to taste)
2 tbsp Lime juice (to taste)

WHAT TO DO:
Cut avocados in half, add lemon juice (oh, and lime juice, too), hot pepper sauce, onion, garlic, salt & pepper. Toss well using sharp knife till avocados are diced! Then, add tomatoes! salt to taste! MAGNIFICO!


Photo by Nick.

1 comments:

Nick said...

This does sound extremely easy. I'd try to make it myself...

Speaking of Bear Grylls and his love of avocados, the episode where he is lost on a lava field and finds an avocado tree was on yesterday. Perfect coincidence.

Related Posts with Thumbnails