Thursday, April 17, 2008

Hi Bird


About two weeks ago Jared noticed a scraggly little collection of twigs on top of our patio fence post and said it could be a bird's nest, and he was right!




Two doves were hanging around for a while so we thought it might be theirs. Then a couple days later there we two eggs in the nest! Ever since then she's been sitting on them non-stop! I got a little worried that she wasn't eating anything but then I read on the internet that they actually take shifts sitting on the eggs, so now I can not worry so much.


I caught them both!
(but didn't have time to focus or turn on my flash!)


We named her Bird, and since we can't really tell which one is which they are both Bird. Just a few days more and there should be little Birds!!
***UPDATE*** Today, Sunday April 20, the little eggs hatched so now there are two baby Birds in the little nest! Pictures coming soon, and we're open to name suggestions...

3 comments:

Ryan, Marissa , Zoe and Cora said...

I love this. So adorable. I love how little things like this are so enjoyable. Hello Bird(s)!!

Charlene said...

Hi, You don't know me, but I came across your blog while I was playing "Six Degrees of Blog Friends." I added you to my favorites because I am also LDS and we seem to have a lot in common. We have had a doves' next in our backyard for about four years. Once the eggs hatch it takes about two weeks for the babies to grow and leave the nest. Then guess what? There will soon be two more eggs in there! It is a non-stop process!! Check out my blog for stories about our birds at www.harreveldhappenings.blogspot.com

Charlene said...

Your bird pix inspired me to do something that I have wanted to do for a long time...start a blog just for the birds! (I thought I was crazy because I loved my birds so much...I'm glad to know that someone else out there feels the same way I do!) I would like to invite you to be a contributor, but I need your email address. Do you know of a secure way to exchange email addresses?

Related Posts with Thumbnails