Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I love the Lobby of Hobbies

Something about Hobby Lobby makes time stand still when I'm there, and leads me to believe that my crafting abilities are far superior than they actually are. I don't know what it is. I was talking to my friend, Shelby, about this strangeness and she totally knows what I'm talking about!


You walk in and an hour later you find yourself in some random isle thinking, "Why wouldn't I make my own rubber stamps! Brilliant!" What!? I've had to talk myself out of taking up so many random, useless crafting hobbies - like stamp carving - it's kind of insane. Last night I was totally mesmerized by all the different sizes of hot glue gun sticks when I realized that I've used a glue gun once in the past 4 years, I don't need the stinking glue sticks.

Hobs (as Stew and I refer to it as) is a dangerous place. There's no telling how much time or money you will spend on things that you never knew were absolute necessities. I was lucky yesterday and escaped only one hour and $12 later. But next time I can only hope to be so lucky.

1 comments:

Ryan, Marissa , Zoe and Cora said...

All I could do was laugh when I read this post. I'm glad to know I'm not the only victim of Hobby Lobby!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails