Monday, February 11, 2008

Bridesmaid Dresses 101

We all know the hideousness that can befall the innocent bridesmaid. The dress - there are endless stories and pictures to prove just how awful it can be. But amid all the stank emerges a few brides who decide not to sprinkle their bridesmaids with ugly dust - one of which is my sister, Kellye. She's getting married this summer and has been diligently searching for a dress that all seven (or so) of her bridesmaids will like, bless you my little KJ. To find such a dress we relied on none other than J.Crew (cue angels singing, light shining from heaven, laughter and happiness).



Okay, so I'm a little bit in love with everything that is J.Crew. They actually have a bridal party section that I LOVE but it is pretty expensive, especially multiplied times seven. This is from their regular dress section and comes in four colors. Since Kellye's colors are shades of yellow and orange we are going with the really saturated yellow - loves. I think it's going to look really summery and chic for the wedding (with a tan and cute heels), and since it doesn't scream bridesmaid I plan on rocking it all summer long. Love you Kel!

2 comments:

Meghan Huntsman said...

Bridesmaid dresses are annoying...i had to find one to that seven girls would like, and it is probably one of the most stressful things in wedding planning. I am so excited for the cute couple! And I'm excited about those yellow and orange colors. I had orange roses in my flowers arrnagements and bouquets..it was lovely. Also, something that my florist came up with that was really summery and fresh was putting cute up lemons, limes, and oranges within the arrangments...tastefully done of course! I am excited to see pictures already!

Lauren said...

I found your blog on Emily's page. That dress is really cute. It's nice to have something you will actually want to wear again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails