Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A little Blurbage

Everyone loves a good photo album, right? Just not everyone loves putting them together, myself included. I always envision an amazingly crafted book with photo corners on every picture and cute cut-outs that match the theme of the page, but give me a break for real - not happening. I hate those sticky corners and who even cares how cute the page turns out since you have to stick it behind plastic anyway, just not a fan really.



Then my friend and photographer extraordinaire, Megan K., showed me the photo books she makes on her Mac and I became obsessed. I have to admit that it is the main reason I've completely converted from Windows (and am so happy I did, I love it). But the only downside is that it gets a little pricey, and quick.



After a little web research I found this site called Blurb.com which uses the same ink and printers as iPhoto and other high end publishing sites but for much MUCH less. Woohoo! You just download the bookmaker software, upload your photos from your computer (mac or otherwise) and you're off. The only downside is that some of the layout options aren't as user friendly as others such as iPhoto or MyPublisher but the price more than makes up for it in my opinion. Happy digital scrapbook publishing to you all.


Images courtesy of Apple and Blurb

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails